Montpellier Maids takes your privacy and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting the personal information that you provide to us.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your use of Montpellier Maids cleaning services, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
It applies to all customers & clients who use our cleaning services.
Data protection principles
Montpellier Maids will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
The kind of information we hold about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are “special categories” of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
● Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
How we use your information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interest and your interest and fundamental rights do not override those interests
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interest (or someone else’s interest)
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We need all the categories of information in the list above primarily to allow us to perform our contract with you and to enable us to comply with legal obligations. In some cases we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below:
To plan, manage and deliver the cleaning services to you
We may share your personal information with other organisations, being:
● our service providers who provide us with assistance in delivering the cleaning services
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long we will use your information for
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from your information security team.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal
information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a
reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively,
we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Website cookie and privacy settings
What are cookies?
Contrary to popular belief, cookies are not programs or applications. In fact, they don’t really do anything at all. They are simple text files which typically contain a few basic pieces of information: site details and a unique user ID.
On your first visit to our website a cookie file is downloaded to your browser. The next time you visit our site your browser will check to see if it has a relevant cookie stored and send that information back to our website server. This enables our site to ‘know’ that you’ve visited in the past and update our user information with basic details about your visit. No personal or confidential information is able to be uploaded to our site in this way.
We use the following cookies
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, review your booked services or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website for example when using our live chat service. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
__tawkuuid, __cfduid Functional. Used by tawk.to to link chat conversations together to provide a better service and to identify trusted web-traffic
__stripe_sid, __stripe_mid Essential. Stripe is used to make credit card payments in our application. Stripe uses this cookie to remember who you are and process payments without storing any credit card information on our servers.
_ga, _gid, _gat Analytical. Used by Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and help us improve our website. The information collected is anonymous and includes the number of visitors to the website, what pages they visited and where they have come to the website from. More information is available here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
_twitter_sess, guest_id, personalization_id, xs,wd, spin, sb, presence, fr, dpr, datr, c_user, act, 1P_JAR, ANID, APISID, CONSENT, HSID, NID, SAPISID, SEARCH_SAMESITE, SID, SIDCC, SSID, ACCOUNT_CHOOSER, GAPS, LSID, SEARCH_SAMESITE Functional. Used by social media platforms to allow website visitors to use social media-related features from within the web page they are visiting, for example in order to share blogs from the site
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire when the purposes for which they are used have been fulfilled.
You can read the Google Privacy Policies here.
How to disable cookies
Most browsers allow you to disable and delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain information about blocking and deleting cookies by visiting these links:
Please be aware that blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
How we use cookie data
We may process data about your use of our website, known as ‘usage data’. The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation process, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of use. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of our website. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, essentially monitoring and improving our website and services.
How we use contact form data
When you submit our website contact form we will use the data provided to contact you about your enquiry and nothing more. If you opt-in to marketing communications via the tick box on our contact form, we reserve the right to contact you from time to time with relevant email marketing materials. You have the right to request that your personal data be removed from our database at any time, either by following the unsubscribe link on our marketing communications or simply by contacting us using the details below.
Our website is encrypted with a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate. SSL Certificates ensure a secure connection between a client and our website server, meaning you can submit personal details via our website without any fear of interception. You can find out whether you’re on a secure site by looking for the padlock icon next to the website domain name, or by simply checking the site address to make sure it starts ‘https’ as opposed to just ‘http’… The ‘s’ stands for secure!
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version to our website. We recommend checking this page every now and then to ensure you’re happy with any changes to this policy.
This website is owned and operated by Montpellier Maids
You can contact us on 0800 772 0473 or at firstname.lastname@example.org